General Airport Information
The Kenai Airport has a precision instrument approach on Runway 20R and a non- precision instrument approach on Runway 02L. In addition to the water lanes, there is a separate taxi lane and tie down area. Fuel is available 24 hours a day. Transit parking is available for wheeled, float and ski planes.
Fly-in camp sites are available at the float plane basin and gravel runway apron, as well as automated fuel (100LL) service with Visa or Mastercard. Three full-service commuter airlines currently serves Kenai to and from Anchorage. Charter services are also available. The Regional Flight Service Station is located in Kenai and is open 24 hours a day.
- N60 degrees 34.28'W151 degrees 14.87'
- Runway heading (paved): 02L-20R 7500' x 150'
- Runway heading (gravel): 02R-20L 2000' x 60'
- RADIO: 122.65 and 122.0
- TOWER: 121.3
- GROUND CONTROL: 118.75
Wheeled Aircraft Facilities
Transient and long term aircraft parking is available.
Daily fee is $5.00 for 4 – 24 hours. Payment is due before departing. Five (5) day maximum parking permitted in transient area unless special arrangements are made at the Airport Manager's office.
Monthly and yearly parking is available. A Long Term Aircraft Tie-Down Permit must be completed and returned with the 1st months tie-down fee to the Airport Manager's office. Electrical service is available on some sites.
Permits are also available at the Airport Manager's office in the terminal building.
Float Plane Facilities
The Kenai float plane facility offers 25 long-term tiedown slips, 10 itinerant slips, accommodating aircraft with up to a 48-foot wing span in private slips and a 65-foot wing span in commercial slips.
The landing and takeoff water runway is 4,653 feet long and 250 feet wide. There is vehicle access to the facility via Float Plane Road off First Street.
Pay telephones and restrooms can be found at the registration building at the south end of the parking lot and taxi waterway along with a transition ramp and paved apron for those who wish to seasonally convert their aircraft from floats to ski's or wheels. Upon arrival, visiting pilots must register their aircraft in the registration building.
- Fuel and minor aircraft repair and maintenance services are also available at the airport.
- For additional information about airport facilities, call the Airport Manager at 907-283-7951.
- There is a $5.00 per day charge for parking.
- Envelopes and deposit slot for payment are provided in the registration building.
Water Lane for Seaplanes
- Location: N60 degrees 34.28'W151 degrees 14.87'
- Heading 02W-20W 3500'x150'